116 Sunset Drive
Hawkins House – We are proud to provide a safe, secure, sociable and affordable environment for our seniors.
- 3 levels
- Access to Elevator
- 31 self contained studio apartments
- Bathroom with large shower
- Kitchenette with 2 burner stove top & small fridge
- Dining area on main level of facility
- Living/lounge area to socialize
- Games room
- Security doors with intercom system
- Located in a quiet residential area
Entrance Criteria & Other Information
- Applicants must be on the housing waiting list of the Dept. of Social Development. (see below on how to register)
- Applicants must also apply to York Developments.
- Applicants must be 60 years of age or 50 and involuntarily retired from the work force.
- Applicants gross annual income limit is $31,000.
- Rent will be calculated at 30% of your gross monthly income.
- In addition to the monthly rent there is a Services provided charge on a monthly basis.
- On-site staff from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm daily
- 2 meals per day served in the dining room on the first floor (lunch & supper)
- Laundry service (linens & personal) completed weekly
- Housekeeping service completed weekly
- Call bell system in each apartment with a 24-hour response.
- Personal Care can be provided to tenants who require assistance with showering, dressing, medication and meal prep.
- Socializing on site: playing cards with other tenants, bingo, puzzles, special parties, Bible study, entertainment, day trips, movies, etc.
- Having your own private space, independence
- Joining in on entertainment and activities at York Care Centre
- Attend church service
- Dental services at York Care Centre
- Café within York Care Centre
- Having your hair done at the York Care Centre Salon
- Continuity of care
- Feeling safe and secure knowing someone will answer your call in less than 5 minutes.
To get on the senior housing list with the department: