York Care Centre is recruiting energetic, dependable, and team-oriented individuals for the following positions:
Who are we?
York Care Centre, New Brunswick’s largest long-term care organization, is on a journey to become a Centre of Excellence in Aging Care. Since 1966, York Care Centre has put New Brunswick seniors at the forefront of everything we do. We have grown to a 218-bed long-term care facility, 72 affordable housing units, 31 assisted living units, and a 15-seat adult day program – all located on a single Fredericton campus nestled along the Saint John River.
The primary purpose of the position is to oversee and supervise Care Services personnel, and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, participate in the assessment, planning, implementation and review of care plans designed to meet the needs of residents. The Registered Nurse is also responsible to maintain active liaison with residents, families and external agencies where applicable.
This position reports directly to the Unit Coordinator / Complex Coordinator, and/or indirectly to the Director Clinical Care & Quality. In some instances, incumbent may be designated as the Complex Coordinator.
- Successful completion of Bachelor of Nursing Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated exemplary character.
- Good previous work record.
- Strong organizational, communications and multi-tasking abilities. Must be able to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Must be physically able to perform assigned duties and capable of demonstrating the ability to carry out the key activities outlined above. Attention to detail is a key element of this position.
- Current CPR certification
- Current registration with Nurses Association of New Brunswick.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and supervise Care Services personnel to ensure the effective and efficient provision of services to residents in accordance with internal policies and procedures, government regulations, utilizing an interdisciplinary approach.
- Assess, plan, implement and review resident care plans designed to meet the needs of residents.
- Ensure all documentation is in compliance with internal policies and/or regulatory requirements.
- Acquire and provide information on residents’ conditions to Care Services personnel and inform the Unit Coordinator / Complex Coordinator, and/or Director Clinical Care & Quality of any matters that should be brought to their attention.
- Utilize a Quality Management Process to ensure development of plans and oversee implementation of strategies in areas requiring improvement or change.
- Provide leadership as an advocate for the residents working collaboratively with physicians, pharmacists and staff to develop and monitor delivery of services.
- Complete probationary and/or annual performance reviews as required
- Communicate with staff, residents, resident families in a courteous and professional manner.
- Be aware of, immediately remove or report malfunctioning equipment and/or potential safety issues to the proper personnel.
- Be familiar with, make recommendations about, and ensure staff’s adherence to Care Services Policies and Procedures, York Care Centre’s Code of Ethics, and all other Operational Policies and Procedures
- Assist in the orientation of new staff; e.g. preceptorship, mentoring as appropriate, etc.
- Participate in all required in-service / on-line education programs
- Ability to work all shifts
- NOTE: Related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as may become necessary.
Please submit CV, References and Criminal Record Check to firstname.lastname@example.org
Licensed Practical Nurse
York Care Centre is one of Atlantic Canada’s leading long-term care and senior housing facilities. As an organization, we’re committed in our efforts to meet the needs and enrich the lives of our residents through a thriving community of professionals dedicated to creating an environment of care and nurturing.
Presently, we are seeking applicants for the following position which will be responsible for providing resident focused care as part of an interdisciplinary team:
Licensed Practical Nurses – part-time, non-guaranteed hours (8hrs to 37.5 hrs/week)
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Obtained their designation (diploma) from a recognized institution.
- Be physically able to perform the assigned duties.
- Have a good previous work record.
- Be certified in First Aid/CPR.
- Experience in long-term care an asset.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate well with others.
- Must maintain a positive and professional style, with a willingness to take charge of work activities while completing tasks in a timely and flexible manner.
- Available for weekdays and weekends shifts (days, evenings and nights).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Ms. Shelley Kenny
Manager People & Culture
York Care Centre
100 Sunset Drive
Fredericton, NB E3A 1A3
Please include “LPN” in the subject line of your email. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal Support Workers/Resident Attendants
License Practical Nurses
Please forward your resume as follows:
York Care Centre
100 Sunset Drive
Fredericton, New Brunswick E3A 1A3
Attention: Manager Human Resources
or email Shelley Kenny: email@example.com