York Care Centre is recruiting energetic, dependable, and team-oriented individuals for the following positions:
Employee Wellness Specialist
Part-time (6-month contract)
The primary purpose of this position is to inspire and promote the development of a culture of mental, emotional, spiritual and physical wellness and resilience throughout York Care Centre and the Centre of Innovation and Research of Aging.
As a member of the Leadership Team, the Employee Wellness Specialist will work closely with the Manager of People and Culture, the Leadership Team and staff.
- Post-secondary education in health and social sciences (social work, counselling, health promotion) or related field.
- Other related training / certification with mental health and wellness programming is considered an asset.
- Experience in organizing employee wellness programs, injury prevention and safety awareness.
- Strong inter-personal, organizational, and communications skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information is paramount.
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and persuasion skills.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Creative self-starter, forward-thinker who demonstrates a sense of urgency.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of team.
- Competence with Microsoft Office suite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and activate a multi-faceted enterprise wide wellness program that builds community, drives engagement, improves employee’s personal health and fosters a culture of employee wellness.
- Build and maintain a network of wellness ambassadors across the company to foster engagement and support program initiatives.
- Identify and address issues that affect the overall health of the organization; morale, effectiveness, turnover, absenteeism and productivity.
- Conduct attendance analysis, identify emerging issues / trends that affect employee performance.
- Initiate employee attendance support reviews in conjunction with departmental leads; meet with individual employees to discuss opportunities to improve employee attendance.
- Manage York Care Centre’s WorkSafe NB Claims Management Program by working with various parties to design and monitor individual return to work programs to ensure optimum performance.
- All other tasks as assigned by the Manager People and Culture.
- Lead and/or participate in the coordination of special events.
- Interpret and implement policies, procedures, standards and regulations to staff.
- Communicate with staff, residents, and resident families in a courteous and professional manner.
- Be familiar with, help develop, and adhere to York Care Centre’s Code of Ethics and all Operational Policies and Procedures.
- Related and other duties may be assigned from time to time as may become necessary.
Please submit CV, References and Criminal Record Check to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Support Workers/Resident Attendants
License Practical Nurses
Please forward your resume as follows:
York Care Centre
100 Sunset Drive
Fredericton, New Brunswick E3A 1A3
Attention: Manager Human Resources
or email Shelley Kenny: email@example.com